Sunday, August 19, 2007

In the Beginning...

This is our first picture of our baby girl, as a blastocyst, the day of our in-vitro transfer on March 30, 2007. Our intention that day was to bring our last two embryos home to my womb and give them a chance at life, and leave it up to God.

A Lesson in Patience and Perserverance...and Miracles

Three years ago, it was Dec. 10, 2004, and I was sitting awaiting friends for a birthday cocktail. I sat there and prayed for a special birthday gift...a baby. I asked God to bring me a baby for my birthday, as Al and I were trying to conceive at that time. I was so hopeful and sure that God intended me to be a mother again. You see, before conceiving Tyler, I was told the chances of me conceiving were very slim due to having a severely tilted uterus. So, to have Tyler was our first miracle. And my first biological link as an adoptee. So, even though my birthday came and passed, and the next birthday came and passed too, and no baby, I didn't lose hope. Then in March 2005, we conceived Gaby, only to lose him at 18 weeks. But despite the pain and lonely desparation, Al and I still believed that we were meant to have another child.

Fast forward through painful tests, procedures and protocols and God sent us our third miracle, our baby girl due on...you guessed it...MY BIRTHDAY, three years later!

So, the lesson learned for this girl was to never give up just because you don't get God's answer right away. It's all in God's time, not ours. We're just asked to have the faith of a mustard seed, that's all.

No comments: